The Student Council are elected by students to be the voice of students. Each one of our members is responsible for ensuring students thoughts, their opinions and their beliefs are heard.
But it’s not all serious, we’ve got a great Students’ Union that will get you involved in loads of activities to make your experience here fun and enjoyable.
This page will be updated with the details of your student council members shortly after elections have taken place.
As a student of the College you are automatically a member of the Student Union (unless you choose to opt out). You can get actively involved with the Student Union and if you wish and can stand for election for one of several posts, such as President, Secretary or Welfare Officer.
Alternatively, you can become a Student Representative. In this role you will assist in Student Union matters and oversee student union elections. Student Reps are elected at the start of the academic year, so ask your personal tutor if you would like to be considered.
The activities of the Union are supported by the Student Council which is made up of representatives from each course group. The Student Council gives you a chance to have a say by:
- Representing your group
- Voting on major Student Union decisions
- Giving feedback about College services
- Make sure your group is represented, talk to your tutor about electing class representatives
For more information, you can contact Student Services or check out the notices boards around the college.
Student Societies, Day Trips, Events
If you want to be doing something fun and interesting when you’re not learning, there’s plenty to get involved in at the College:
- Fresher’s week – at the start of each academic year
- Annual Learner Conference at which Students are able to give their views about college life and their courses
- Music Society, Gaming Society, Football Club, Film Club, Debating Society, Book Club, Bike Club, Chess Club, Table Tennis, Pool and many more
- Day trips to Alton Towers, London, Blackpool – Students choose where they would like to go.
- End of year parties and activities.