Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
We were delighted to be placed in the Investors in Diversity top 100 UK institutons.
City College Coventry ensures that it discharges its duties under the Equalities Act 2010 and is passionate about supporting all students to achieve to the best of their ability.
This section sets out our commitment and approach to delivering our corporate and legal responsibilities for equality, diversity and inclusion.
In doing so, the College will;
- Celebrate and value diversity in our staff and student population
- Be committed to advancing equality of opportunity, regardless of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or social background
- Foster a culture of mutual respect
- Eliminate harassment, victimisation and discrimination
- Continue to build on established links with diverse communities and foster new links that will promote awareness amongst our staff and students
Equality Act 2010
The Equality Act 2010 aims to simplify, strengthen and harmonise existing legislation to advance progress on equality. The Act introduced the following “protected characteristics”:
- Gender Reassignment
- Marriage and Civil Partnership
- Pregnancy and Maternity
- Religion or Belief
- Sexual Orientation
Equality & Diversity Policy 2016-17
Equality & Diversity Policy 2015-16
Equality & Diversity Report 2014-15
Equality & Diversity Report 2013-14
Equality & Diversity Report 2012-13
E&D Targets and Objectives 2015-16
Student Behaviour Management & Disciplinary Policy 2014