Wasps Academy Programme
This new partnership offers a bespoke educational programme which provides you with a platform to prepare you for a professional rugby career through the guidance of Coventry College an RFU Accredited College and Wasps Academy.
Based at Coventry College – Henley Campus, the rugby programme offers the perfect environment for talented rugby players to combine the highest level of competition with a continued education. You will have the opportunity to compete at the very highest level of college sport whilst completing your studies. Using a structured training and development route, you are provided with everything you need to be successful at the top level.
The programme constantly strives to ensure the balance between academic achievement and athletic progress is maintained, and although the rugby element is important, it is the academic side of the programme that will always come first.
Coventry College offers a range of study programmes to suit the students’ academic standard and alongside your educational programme as part of the rugby programme you will also cover the following topics:
- Technical and Tactical Coaching: with forward thinking, creative and innovative coaches who’ll test technical development and understanding of the game
- Strength and Conditioning: ensuring learners are prepared for the physical challenge of competition
- Physiotherapy: specialists will be on hand with medical support to keep learners at their physical peak
- Sports Psychology: developing the ability to cope with pressure when it matters
- Sports Nutrition: to ensure learners perform at their best by staying healthy and active
- Performance analysis: technical and tactical elements for performance
This programme is the perfect all-round performance package to take your rugby skills to the next level. The level of support offered at Coventry College Henley Campus is designed to mirror a professional rugby club environment. The study programme incorporates weekly training sessions which includes strength and conditioning training, game analysis and fitness testing. It also includes:
- Weekly fixtures in the AoC Sports Premier League, including cup and 7s competitions
- An International tournament: Portugal International U19s Youth Festival in Lisbon
- Content and delivery 14 hours per week